Video Production Procedure
Don’t know how to say it? Show it. Our slideshows and videos inspire, educate, and entertain.
Imagine what we could do with your story—and who you could inspire with it. Rollins staff and faculty can book our production professionals to design and produce a video, record a lecture, or consult on everything from file conversion to editing.
How Can Marketing & Communications Help You Produce a Video?
The role of Marketing & Communications is to share in the pre-production process of videos that represent the College. For video projects of this scale, Marketing & Communications will supply expertise for the pre-production phase of the video and provide additional assistance from outside vendors if necessary. Please note that additional fees may be required to hire outside resources for the production and editing of the video. These fees would need to be funded by the department/unit requesting the video.
Marketing & Communications produces projects such as:
• Recruitment Videos
• Student/Faculty Testimonials
• Videos for Fundraising/Advancement Campaigns
• Videos for Alumni Relations
• Overview videos for a school or department
Video projects typically outside the realm of Marketing & Communication’s management include:
• Guest and Class lectures
• Graduations/Campus Ceremonies
• Campus Events
• Faculty Speeches
• News/story coverage
All video requests must go through the Office of Marketing & Communications.
To get started complete our Project Request Form. New video requests are entered into our project management system and assigned to the appropriate part of our department for review. After an initial meeting with you, we'll move forward with tasks until that project is finished. Projects typically are started and completed in the order in which they are received. Depending on the scope of work, video projects can take from three days to two weeks to complete. All of the pre-production, filming, editing, post-production, sound development, and sharing are done here in-house.
How can I book a videographer?
The Office of Marketing & Communications can refer you to a videographer that can meet your specific project needs while also adhering to the Rollins brand standards. Please call Jennifer DeWitt at (407) 646-1548 to discuss your video needs.
How can I have my video featured on the Rollins YouTube Channel?
The Office of Marketing & Communications maintains the official Rollins YouTube channel. To have a video posted, you must contact Jennifer DeWitt, Associate Director of Interactive Communications, at (407) 646-1548. Videos that are featured on the Rollins YouTube Channel include: promotional videos, student life videos, alumni highlights, and news.
- Videos must be produced in HD1080p to be published to the channel.
- Videos must have the Rollins College branded intro and outro slides included.
- Videos must not contain any copyrighted music.
- Refer to the Social Media Policy for further video information.
- Videos must not contain any material that could portray the College negatively. Rollins reserves the right to request removal of videos containing graphic content, nudity, alcohol usage, and profanity.
- Student videos must follow the same guidelines and include, "This video was filmed by students of Rollins College" as outlined in the brand guidelines.
For questions please contact Jennifer DeWitt, Associate Director of interactive Marketing, at (407) 646-1548 or email@example.com.